WCNet currently has numerous access points in and around Northwest Ohio. The
major access points are:
|Findlay (Quad Chassis)
|Grelton-Malinta (Napoleon area)||419-592-9200
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
Beginning December 1, 2001 you must use 10-digit dialing. This means you
must use the 419 area code prefix as part of the number you dial to connect
BE SURE YOU DO NOT PUT A "1" IN FRONT OF THE PHONE NUMBER AND DO
NOT CHECK THE BOX TO USE THE AREA CODE, PUT THE "419-" IN PHONE NUMBER BOX
AS PART OF THE PHONE NUMBER.
Please check to ensure that the WCNet access number you choose is a local
call before using it to access the WCNet system. If you are unsure or
there is any question about it, please try test-dialing the WCNet telephone
access number. WCNet will not be responsible for toll or long-distance
charges made for connection to its system. The charges on the WCNet
subscriber's telephone are solely the responsibility of the subscriber.
Please call us if you have any questions about choosing a local modem phone
The most nearly foolproof method we can recommend to determine the actual
toll-calling status between any two exchanges is a three-step process:
1. Go to a pay phone in the originating exchange, deposit the proper amount
for a local call, and call the target number. If the call goes through
normally, step #1 of our test has been passed.
2. Call PUCO at 1-800-686-PUCO and ask them about the local calling area of
the target exchange. Write down the date/time of your call, the name of the
PUCO staff person with whom you spoke, and their answer. If they tell you
it's a local call, step #2 of our test has been passed.
3. Call your local phone company and ask them about the local calling area
of the target exchange. Write down the date/time of your call, the name of
the phone company representative with whom you spoke, and their answer. If
they tell you it's a local call, step #3 of our test has been passed.
A couple of notes concerning which number you should use.
1. Those who live in Grand Rapids should dial the Perrysburg/Toledo exchange.
2. People in the 454 exchange should use the Bowling Green number.
3. Many people in the Stony Ridge area are able to use the Perrysburg/Toledo
number above. Only the Lucky (833) exchange needs to use the Stony Ridge number.
4. As of March 1st, 2002, the 278 exchange can call the BG number locally. Persons in this area should use the Bowling Green.
WCNet will not be responsible for long distance charges incurred by calling WCNet.
It is the responsibility of the client to make sure the number they are calling is local.
The current dns numbers are: 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11. For instructions on how to make changes in Windows, see this page.. Mac users should check here.
- The POP3 Server is mail.wcnet.org
- The SMTP Server is mail.wcnet.org
- The news server is news.wcnet.org
These servers should be used rather than woody.wcnet.org or wcnet.org and should be changed in your e-mail program of choice.
If you have Ameritech as a phone service provider, the following URL may help
you in finding local access.
If you want to check out the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio's maps of
calling area's go to:
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the maps.