Home Page of Thomas Hern
- Hometown: >Cincinnati, Ohio.
My families have been there since the 1830s.
- Withrow High School, Cincinnati, OH.
How many high schools have a clock tower and bridge in front?
- A.B., mathematics,
University of Cincinnati.
- Ph.D., probability theory, The
Ohio State University.
- Retired Mathematics and Statistics Faculty
at Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OHIO.
Ohio Section of the Mathematical Association of America.
Ohio Masters of Mathematics.
This collection of biographical sketches was part of Ohio's Bicentennial celebration.
- Archive of Calculus tests and quizzes.
- Archive of Linear Algebra tests and quizzes.
- Mathematics and statistics in comics:
perils of teaching probability (Bizarro comic).
Latest medical study
by Jim Borgman.
- Graphic supplement
to CMJ article: Order of Integration and a Minimal Surface, with Cliff and Andy Long.
- Combining hobbies: Travel and photography:
- Southwest trip, June 2006.
- Rails to Churchill, Oct 8-15, 2005.
Amtrak and VIA to Churchill, Manitoba, on Hudson Bay. Polar bear watching. Photos
Mad River and NKP Rail Museum)
- Nova Scotia Trip. Sept 24-Oct 3, 2004.
- Isaak Walton Inn (MT) Trip. April 17-24, 2004.
- Fall Western Rail Trip, Sept. 13-28, 2003.
- New England Fall Color trip, Sept 27-Oct 5, 2002
- Delta Queen trip, October, 2001
- Southwest rail trip, September, 2001
- Alaska Trip, May-June 2000
- Mt. Kilamanjaro at Dawn, 1981
- Steam tractors and Five Points Threshers
- Check out the web page for Hilary Hahn, a fantastic
20 year old American violinist.
She happenes to be the granddaughter of Will Hahn, retired from the
math department at Wittenberg University in Springfield Ohio.
- Cousin Jack's boat business.
- Two of my great-great uncles were captured at Chickamauga: Enoch and Thomas Hern.
They were is the
89th Ohio Volunteer Infantry.
- My great great grandfather,C R Stuntz, who taught at Old Woodward in Cincinnati.